Saturday, March 15, 2014

Who Told you?

I love writing about economics, raising issues through economic data, and it wouldn’t take you too long to notice so many chat and economic discourse on this blog. However for this piece I want to talk about something slightly different (but that will somehow make economic sense in the end ;) This discussion revolves about listening to inner, divine, witnesses as a secrete recipe for making headway in our ventures. As I looked on twitter homepage this morning, I was shocked by reports streaming from Nigeria showing crowds of about 60,000 unemployed young people in search for a national job for 20,000 candidates. The first thing that dropped in my mind is: “can we have a Start-Up Canada-like initiatives bringing the private, public, NGOs and ordinary people together?” I reckon that its not even the lack of initiatives rather a need for us to overhaul our thought pattern and emancipate ourselves. So the ultimate issue is that people need to see themselves as solutions, job creators, in a better estate and then walk up there.

image  
   

So can I ask you: who told you that you can’t be who you want to be? Who told you that you cannot be happy? Who told you that there is no hope for you? Who told you that you can’t be better on that job you just got? As you will see in Shawn’s video below, everything is about looking within yourself and away from what people say in general. Let me take it a step further from Shawn’s scope. When God was asking Adam and Eve “Who told you…?” in Genesis 3:11 it wasn’t to threaten them it was to bring them to the realization of “who created a false impression in your mind of the perfect estate God has kept you”

(Genesis 3:11 KJV)  And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

We have constantly been tossed around in a world that keeps making us feel inferior. Our sense of self worth drops to its lowest level as we see ourselves not being able to meet the current demand at our workplace, school or whatever venture we are engaging. Its stunning to know that even though Harvard is perhaps the best school in the world, a very large number of their student still feel like they are a failure. People have talked down on us and we have been bamboozled, hoodwinked and brought to our lowest low. Please don’t settle for less. Arise and answer that inner voice and say I can make it. I will make it. This is my time. This is my week. This is my day. Who told you that you are not a bundle of success?!

Watch Shawn Achor and make sure you take the notes that will help you brighten your week

 

2 comments:

  1. Finding out the proper, trustworthy, knowledgeable in addition to knowledgeable movers and also packers inside Pune specifically on very affordable along with legitimate price can be be extremely difficult in addition to tough job for you personally.

    Click Here:
    packers and movers pune
    packers and movers in pune
    movers and packers pune
    movers and packers in pune

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to you, I learned many interesting things. I hope to learn more.
    I congratulate you for these wonderful shares. Keep it up!
    gatwick airport cabs

    ReplyDelete